Tips to Prepare for Southern Fall & Winter Seasons!
Southern winters don’t bring snow, ice, or sub-zero temperatures but we still get cold rain, chilly winds, and extra bite from high humidity levels. Winterizing your home during the autumn season helps maintain a comfortable indoor temperature & manageable utility bills.
We have a few simple suggestions to add to your fall maintenance checklist.
1. Remove sediment, and check the pressure relief valve by flushing the water heater tank to ensure it’s in proper working order.
2. Look over doors & windows for gaps, worn away areas, separation, cracks, chips, rot, or any other damage. Replace any worn-out weather stripping and caulk any areas necessary.
3. If you have an older thermostat, replace it with a programmable unit to save up to 10% on heating costs.
4. Have a thorough inspection done of your heating system by a licensed professional for operation and safety requirements. Replace the air filter allowing proper airflow and reducing the strain on your system.
5. Install carbon monoxide detectors through your home for an extra layer of protection and don’t forget to test them.